At The Kurland Group, we believe that ensuring quality legal representation for underrepresented communities is a critical piece of our practice and makes us better attorneys for all of our clients.
Highlights of Pro Bono Work
- In a major civil rights lawsuit against the City of New York, NYPD, MTA, JP Morgan Chase, Brookfield Properties, and others for redress of unlawful arrests, press suppression, and other police misconduct related to Occupy Wall Street, The Kurland Group represents:
- Elected officials, including New York City Public Advocate Letitia James and City Council member Jumaane Williams;
- Members of the press;
- and the National Press Photographers Association.
- Represented community members and the Coalition for a New Village Hospital in legal action to reinstate a hospital on the lower west side of Manhattan.
- Represented Occupy Wall Street protesters in last-minute petition to be allowed back into Zuccotti Park after the unlawful eviction in November 2011.
- Along with a team of leading environmental attorneys, in a lawsuit to prevent a natural gas pipeline from being run into Manhattan, The Kurland Group represented: